Basic education and literacy is one of the Foundation’s six areas of focus. Everyone has the right to learn to read, write and enjoy the power, pleasures and independence of being literate. For some the journey will be easy, for others it will take much hard work and unfortunately for approximately 18 percent of today’s world population it will never happen.
How can each Club help to reduce this statistic:
- Plan a project that focuses on, and rekindles a passion for literacy and numeracy, and promotes the ideal of a basic education for all during Literacy month March 2015
- Participate in the whole of District Basic Education and Literacy Project at District Assembly May 2015
- Contributing funds to support existing literacy programs and projects
- Encourage members, or join the Club, to the Rotary International approved Literacy Rotarian Action Group (“LitRAG”) a working group that increases the awareness of Rotary Clubs and Rotarians, in finding and forming a truly sustainable contribution to basic education and literacy – www.litrag.org
- Report any literacy developments and projects your club is undertaking so they can be added to the District database.
Contact Cherrie Osborn - Rotary Club of Keilor East
Share this with your friends